Saturday, June 8, 2013

A new identity and a new blog...

Today, June 8th, 2013, marks the culmination of a long journey and the start of a new one.

This morning I was ordained to the Sacred Order of Deacon for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles. By the laying on of hands of our Archbishop, I have been given a new, permanent identity as a cleric in the Catholic Church. So, I thought that this moment of transition where one journey ends and another begins would be a good time to re-think my social media identity as well.


I have made forays into the blogosphere before, but always as a kind of hobby or experiment. Now, I am (ready or not!) a herald of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So I'm launching this blog, not as a hobby or as an experiment, but as an attempt at ministry in cyberspace. The Church has been encouraging us all to use the means of social communication at out disposal to bring the New Evangelization to a wider audience. This blog will be my small contribution to that effort.

My intent is to use this space to provide some 'color commentary' on current events in the Church and the world in light of our Christian call to service. What does that mean? I'm not really sure yet either. I'll also have some reflections on the mass readings and, hopefully, some longer 'e-bible study' kinds of posts as well.

So, God bless you and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment