Tuesday, July 16, 2013

JPII's Second Miracle

From a LaStampa article comes the story of Blessed Pope John Paul II's second miracle, a woman with an inoperable brain aneurysm who was completely healed after appealing to for the pontiff's intercession during his beatification ceremony:
Floribeth has not felt any pain in her head since. And never will.  “A visit to the neurologist and two MRI scans later (one on 11 November 2011 and one on 16 May 2012), the aneurysm has completely disappeared and the woman has made a full recovery.
 
Floribeth Mora Dìaz, a wife and mother in Costa Rica, was sent home after suffering a brain aneurysm, having been given little hope from the doctors. Yet she found her hope from a different source. She and her husband explain what occured:
It appeared there was little doctors could do for the then 48 year old mother of four...

“Floribeth who was all drugged up, asked God to keep her awake. She had the television screen in front of her and on top of the television she had placed an insert from Costa Rican newspaper La Nación, which had a picture of Wojtyla on the front cover. The picture was of John Paul II greeting and blessing the world on the day of his election to the pontificate,” Gaeta explained. Then came the turning point. “At the start of the ceremony, I focused on the Pope’s picture and said the following words to him, with the deepest of faith: Intercede with God because I don’t want to die and help me to heal. I stayed awake for the entire duration of the mass and when it ended, I fell asleep.” When the woman woke up at 9 am the next day, by which time John Paul II had been declared “blessed”, she looked at the Pope’s picture and made the sign of the cross. Then, all of a sudden, to my great surprise, as we continued staring at the picture, I heard the sound of his voice in my heart. It said: “Don’t be afraid, get up!” I was speechless. I felt him lift his hands up as he was pictured doing in photograph, encouraging me to get up. I got out of bed, just as the Holy Father had asked me to do and I went to the kitchen where my husband was. With a stunned look on his face, he said: What are you doing here? I told him I felt an immense sense of peace in my heart and that I felt fine physically. But I didn’t have the strength to explain to him what had happened to me just a minute or so before that as I was afraid he would think I was mad.”
Blessed John Paul the Great, Pray for Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment