Sunday, March 2, 2014

It been a long time

Its been a while since I've put anything out on my blog...I hope to remedy that as part of my Lenten commitment this year. I found that I had greatly underestimated how absolutely busy I would be after ordination! Of course, the lull in parish activity during the summer 'faked me out': now that I was done with all of the formation reading/homework I would finally have all kinds of time to write!

Not so much.

What I have been doing, however, has been nothing short of awesome. Baptisms, funerals, house blessings, youth retreats, adult catechesis, talks at the parish, funerals, meeting with people for pastoral counseling, and Holy Hours (where I get to sing in Latin!). I emcee'd a Mass with the Cardinal...in Spanish. And, of course, I've spent time out at the probation camp ministering to prisoners--my first love.

I even have my first wedding scheduled in a couple of weeks.

Its been a wild and crazy half-a-year. So much for plenty of writing time. But I am committed to making time this Lent, little as it may be, to write more here on the blog and elsewhere.

Pray for me. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. The Holy Spirit is so awesome in leading you to the Catholic faith, your baptism and your YES to follow in the footsteps of Christ as a Deacon. I am so proud of you and your family. Our parish family is blessed!!

    ReplyDelete